Again - this is waaaay overdue....but I had to post the brief version of my IronMan experience. Yes...I completed my first IronMan this year....well...sort of...
So one of my best friends in the whole world, Jenni, has a sort-of-incredible-husband, Rich...who literally and actually did the Ironman in Houston this year. I got the chance to leave my kids behind and come to Houston and help Jenni with her boys while we cheered Rich on in the IM.
What an EXPERIENCE!! It was seriously so much fun for SO MANY reasons...incredible athletes all around, GREAT day, perfect venue and Jenni's kids...I cannot even find the words to describe how AMAZING they did!! We literally woke the boys up in the early 5 o'clock hour....and kept them entertained for the entire race. Thus I say - I completed an IM too...I was beginning to think that perhaps the racers had an easier time than we did...they didn't have to deal with hungry, tired, and even throwing up little boys...but we made it!! We crossed the finish line and everyone survived!! No - but seriously - Jen's kids were incredible and if my kids were there...Id be writing an entirely different story!! Her hubs didn't just finish the race but if not for a silly penalty...would have qualified for the IM in Kona!! For those folks who don't know - that's a pretty big deal...no...it's a REALLY big deal!
I was so happy to be able to go and support Rich as well as love on Jenni's babies!! It was a weekend I will never ever forget...I've been inspired to dust off the cob webbs on my racing bike...and find my biking shoes...and...ahem...look at them...hoping one day soon to go on a ride!!
Sweet Colton! Hard to believe he is barely 1 year old...what a trooper!




No comments:
Post a Comment